So i'm taking lessons from my first female trumpet teacher ever.
She is so supportive of my playing problems I've always had. She is incredibly articulate on what she expects from me. Rather than simply playing something and saying "ok, now play that way" She plays with me and I am able to change my sound through that. I could hear myself getting better as my lesson progressed today.
I started practicing (something I would rarely ever do in college) this past week out of fear of her kicking my butt. Now, I want to practice to show her I am capable of progressing in my playing skills. I'm thinking private lessons teacher is going to be in the upcoming school year:)
Speaking of upcoming school year, I need to get cracking on my Master's Project. Hopefully I can get a lot of research done over the next couple of weeks. I'll keep it updated.
I can't believe it is going to be Wednesday of week 2 already. This summer is flying by already. The first couple of days dragged, but we're in the flow now and before I know it, I will be coming back home and moving in to my house.

That's going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment