Earth Song; performed by VanderCook College of Music Graduate Ensemble 2009

Saturday, June 20, 2009

First Week

So the first week has come and gone so quick. So many things have happened this past week my world seems to be spinning uncontrollably. My classes do not seem to be too terribly difficult so far. I am taking Vocal Mechanism (to help better teach my choir kids), Brass Methods, Band Conducting, and Instructional Design (my tech class).

I'm thoroughly enjoying my classes more and more as the sessions come and go. Choir is so much fun (ask me three years ago if I would have ever said that). Band is going to be more challenging this year as I am playing trombone instead of trumpet. However I am taking trumpet lessons and think I'm going to get my butt kicked by her (my teacher). It will be good for me.

Miles and myself have gotten into a good habit of playing racquetball every Monday Wednesday and Friday morning. My arms have been sore the past couple of days, but it is worth it because I am getting out and being active and having fun all at the same time.

The beginning of the Summer, many of us thought that this year was a bit less exciting than last year, but that wore off rather quick after we had some nights to all get settled in and reacquainted.

So here's to the rest of the Summer being a blast! Hope all is well back in Ohio for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment