So my dozens of fans have been asking why I haven't updated my blog in a while...well, as you read, I broke my foot and was dead tired just about every day after tooling around on crutches and I spent the majority of my time sleeping. So here's an update.
This has got to be one of the most painful summers ever (Yes i'm about to get all pessimist on you)
While things started out amazing, things quickly turned to hell in no time. I had my heart broken. It's so weird too because I've never experienced that kind of hurt before. It's still lingering around me, I don't know how to shake it. Then, I decided to go and break my foot. Way to go Paul. This has got to be the single most inconvenient thing I think I have ever done in my life. Not only are the crutches absolutely tiring, but it is just downright depressing to be so dependent on other people. Meanwhile, I am blessed to be around such a caring group of people that would help whenever I need it. Ben and Chris have been amazing help for me around the dorm room and getting to and from the school building. I don't think I can ever repay them for how much easier they are making this. I was able to get a ride to and from Ohio for the 4th of July weekend. Thankful that Sarah was able to help me with that. Then my parents proved how amazing they are yet again by coming out at 1 in the morning to pick me up and bring me home and then drive me out an hour and a half to get me back to Chicago. I am so thankful to have the parents I have.
The situation with my brother seems to be approaching no kind of resolve. He continues to be the close-minded piece of garbage he is and continues to treat our parents like dog shit. (and no, if you're reading this it wasn't just in the store) I think it is mainly because his girlfriend/living partner/baby mama has his balls in a vise and he can't think for himself or stand up for himself and talk to people like a human being and not F this and F that every time somebody points out a flaw.
OK, now that I'm done venting.
I have three more weeks out here in Chicago. I honestly can't wait for this summer to be done, which is sad because I was looking forward to coming out here more than anything this past school year. Maybe it's the broken foot, maybe it's the broken heart, but I just feel that I don't belong here this year. Oh well. We have comprehensive exams this coming Saturday and then who knows what we'll get into after that. This week will be devoted to studying for said exams out of hopes of graduating next summer:)
Hope everyone's life is going well.

No comments:
Post a Comment