Earth Song; performed by VanderCook College of Music Graduate Ensemble 2009

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

another week

So I never thought I would be anticipating going back to Ohio as much as I currently am. I have approximately 11 more days out here and while we definitely have some fun things planned for those days (karaoke, dueling piano club, blues club, improv comedy) I can't help but feel that I will be much more calmer when I return home and turn right around and move into my new home:)

Last Saturday was the dreaded Comprehensive Exam (OOOOOH). What a joke that was. I'm glad I went my normal route of studying (which is non-existent) and spent no more than 2 or so hours looking over stuff for this thing. Yes it helps that I have a memory for tests that is amazing (wish I could apply that memory to everyday life), but honestly, I felt that it could've been much more challenging than what it was. I kicked its ass and gave it a new name.

We attempted to eat at Hot Doug's Sausage Superstore and Encased Meat Emporium that day, but due to my lack of being able to read a simple time and the blue line being all shades of messed up, we missed out. Oh well, we got to see some great improv comedy at Comedy Sportz:) That's always a good time.

Sunday, as God intended, was a day of rest. I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I'm so exhausted from this crutch work anyway (seriously, I have to walk so much around this campus on these things and it doesn't seem as though anyone had a handicapped person in mind while designing any of the buildings). Revolving doors are somewhat of a pain in the ass to maneuver. My favorite part just happened yesterday, I'm struggling to get into th dorm building. Scanning my card to open the door, can't get to the door in time before it locks again...It goes on like this about 3-4 times while the undergrad IIT Dorm worker is sitting on his butt watching me struggle. What a dickhole.

I've met some realy cool people out here again this year. Donny is coming for a week long MECA in week 6, so that should help the last week fly by.

I'm seriously about done with all of my work. I'm currently working on preparing a Triad Choirs blog site similar to this. Our school's website designing stuff is crap compared to using this blog program. I hope they don't force me to use the schools stuff...I'll throw a fit!

Anyway, check it out, it's just in the beginning phase of construction as I decide all the new stuff to get on there...It has a sweet layout and our calendar for the year. It'll be awesome

Week 5 is almost done.
8 more days of classes
11 more days until going home
5 more conducting classes (blech)
3 more brass methods classes
1 more trumpet lesson (which are going amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment